To complete this badge you should complete all of the below. Some components may not be able to be done from home, such as part 2.
1) Research one historical aspect of flight, and share what you find out with the Troop. You might like to find out about:
- The development of aviation or flight over a period of time agreed with your leader
- Balloons or airships, from their first appearance to the present day
- A type of aero engine such as a jet or piston engines in general, or specific engine like the Rolls Royce Merlin
- The development of an aircraft type, like a spitfire, boeing 747, Harri-er, Stealth Bomber, Space Shuttle or the Wessex Helicopter. You could find out details about its history, role and achievements
2) While your doing your research, visit at least one place of interest that relates to your chosen subject. (Do Not Do This Until After COVID-19 Restrictions Are Lifted)
• It could be a museum, air air display or aeronautics factory
• You could visit a virtual museum online
3) Present what you have found out
- Your presentation should include a model that you have made based on your subject. You should also include diagrams and pictures where-ever you can.
Be creative and try making a video presentation. When scouts return to weekly meetings your Scout can bring in their artwork to show.