Complete four of these activities.
Talk about your choices with an appropriate adult.
- Compose a poem of at least eight lines. Discuss its meaning and construction. Why not record a video of your poem.
- Create a short story of around 600 words.Talk about your story idea with an appropriate adult beforehand.
- Write a descriptive passage of around 600 words on a subject, agreed with an appropriate adult beforehand.
- Write a 600-word review of a favourite book, play or other work of literature and talk about it with an appropriate adult.
- Produce a published article of around 600 words in length.You could contribute to a school, faith, community or Scout magazine or write a letter to a local paper.
- Keep a diary on a subject, for a length of time agreed with your leader.
- Write a play or dramatic sketch lasting at least 10 minutes. Why not get your parents to record you acting this out.
- Interview a local celebrity, or other notable person. Write or type out the interview to show the questions you asked and the interviewee’s replies. If you are able to do this please do it virtually under the supervision of your parents. Do not make contact alone, and avoid face to face contact.
- Write a letter to a pen pal (real or imaginary) of at least 600 words.