Leaders - Plezase sign in to get access to Virtual Meeting ideas.While face to face meetings, activities, and events are banned you can make use of virtual meetings for both meetings between adults, as well as meetings between adults and young people (such as a replacement for your usual meeting). See the instructions below for how to do this.
Joining a Meeting
The above method will typically be used by most groups having a meeting with Young people. The below method is mainly used when all attendees have a district account (Adults)
- Open the Hangouts Meet app and then tap Meeting code.
- Enter the meeting code or nickname.Note: The hyphens in the meeting code are optional.
- Tap Join meeting.
- (Optional) Depending on whether you're joining from a different organization or signed in to a G Suite account, choose an option:
- Select Ask to Join.
- Enter your name and tap Ask to Join.
Altering your Audio/Camera
If you have multiple cameras or microphones you may need to alter the one selected. You can do this two ways:
- If you haven’t yet joined the meeting, go to meet.google.com and click the gear icon in the top right of the screen. An audio tab will pop up where you can select your microphone. You can also click the video tab to change your camera.
- If you are already in a meeting, click the three verticle dots in the bottom right of the meeting screen. Click Settings. Follow the instructions above to changing settings.
Reverse your mobile camera for MeetYou can reverse the camera on your mobile device during a video meeting. For example, the Meet app uses the selfie view by default, but you can reverse the camera to show the room you are in or a whiteboard.
- Open the Meet mobile app.
- Join a video call.
- Tap More .
- Tap Switch camera.
Switch your mobile audio device for MeetWhen you’re in a Hangouts Meet video meeting and on the go, you can quickly switch between different audio devices. For example, start or join a video meeting using your phone’s earbuds and then switch to Bluetooth® in your car. At home, switch to your device's built-in speaker and use the speakerphone. You can select the audio device before or after you join a meeting.
- At the top of the Meet screen, tap the current audio source:
- iPhone (On Apple Devices)
- Bluetooth headset or car audio paired with your mobile device
- Wired headphones attached to your mobile device
- Built-in speaker
- Select the audio device you want to use.
- Wired headphones
Starting / Scheduling a MeetingThis should be done by a single meeting leader. For instructions on how to do this please log-in with your district account (You will need this account to create the meeting). If you still see this message re-click the link in the top menu bar.
- Tap Join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in
- Enter the meeting ID number and your display name.
- Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and tap Join Meeting.