We love a nice cake. Your mission, should you choose to accept it, will be to make a cake in about an advert break that you can enjoy with a nice big
dollop of ice cream or custard.
This is the 2 Minute cake recipe. This is your mission (if you choose to accept it), will be to make a cake in about an advert break that you can enjoy with a nice big dollop of ice cream or custard.
- 2oz (60g or 025 Cup) Self-Raising Flour
- 2oz (60g or 025 Cup) Sugar (caster is best, but whatever you have at hand)
- 2oz (60g or 025 Cup) Butter or Margarine
- 1 egg
In the UK, Self-Raising Flour is sold everywhere. To make it yourself, add 2tsp Baking Powder to every 150g (1 cup) of “Plain” or “All Purpose” flour.
2 Minute Mug Cake
- Mix your dry ingredients together in a bowl, then add your butter/margarine and egg. Beat well until thoroughly mixed.
- Next, pour your mixture into a small bowl or large mug and put it into the Microwave for 2 minutes (put a little baking paper down to catch any drips).
Make it your own
This is a “base recipe” so you can always add things to make it your own. Try adding a tablespoon of syrup or jam to the bottom of the bowl or mug before your mixture, or add chocolate chips or dried fruit to the mixture.
Share your cake
If you have made the cake, share it on Social Media using the hashtag #scoutsnet.